Wednesday, September 24, 2008

IT IS GONE

Wow, I can't believe it, we came home on Tuesday evening and the tile is all finished in the bathroom. (Except for cleaning.) The cabinet and vanity are in, the closet doors have been hung. And BIG SURPRISE ... the wood burning stove is GONE. It is no longer sitting in the family room where it has lived for many years. (It is just outside the door, but no longer in my house.)
Here is proof, an empty corner of the room.


Here is the tile in the bathroom, starting on the floor and then the shower.


This is the floor in the shower, it is called a brick mosiac.


Here is the new vanity. (Natural Maple with a solid piece on top.)


We spent a busy weekend. We went to Bill and Lynnette's cabin. I didn't think I would ever live to see the day that Bill had sinks in his cabin, let alone sinks with running water. But it is true. They have an almost fully functional kitchen and each bathroom has a sink with running water. It was so cool!!!!!!!!!!!! Their kitchen is beautiful and the rest of the cabin is fabulous. Thanks for letting us come and visit. (Sorry, no pics. Forgot to take them.)
Then on Monday, Frank had a conference at the Homestead in Midway. He invited me to come and go to the dinner with him and spend the night. It was a nice time. Lots of fun people to meet and I learned that everyone has the right to VOTE, so get out there and to it. I came in to work a bit late on Tuesday. And it was 35 degrees when I left Midway on Tuesday am. I think that summer is gone. I just hope that winter waits a while before unleashing on us.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

That corner looks very empty! I like the shower!

BERRETT'S said...

Wow it looks great! Are you sure you didn't move? JK I love it. I think we may be comming out soon. Can't wait to see it. And I agree with the voting thing!!! I have become an advocate for the democratic system!!! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

Lisa said...

I love progress. Hope it keeps moving along.