Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Kassidy

We got to help Kassidy celebrate her 8th birthday on Saturday, Jan. 10. As usual, I did the cake. This year I didn't ask what she would like. (Those kids are getting way too creative and my cake skills are very limited.) So I came up with a house looking cake, which fell apart on the way to Moroni. After I got it put back together kind of Jessi said that if it was blue it would look like a Smurf house. (Maybe next time I will do it blue.)



I don't think that anyone cares what they look like as long as it is chocolate cake with buttercream frosting. (Although I am often reminded of Kassidy's 3rd birthday when she wanted Strawberry Shortcake and I didn't leave myself enough time to decorate one and so I just did a sheet cake with pink frosting and a Strawberry Shortcake candle.) She was not happy about that cake!



She got lots of presents and yes, more American Girl books with mini dolls. I am not sure how she really felt about them. Later in the day, she had me help her put them chronological order. We hope that she will enjoy them.
































Here is how Frank spent part of his day, rocking Nate because Nate likes to be held.


I hope that Kassidy had a nice birthday. Next is a baptism and a blessing. Woo Hoo!!

4 comments:

Jann said...

Cute cake! My cake decorating skills are about the level you described with the Strawberry Shortcake one.

Lisa said...

Can't believe Kass is already 8 and ready to be baptized! How exciting. Good idea to have the blessing and the baptism together. I think I may need your buttercream frosting recipe. The canned stuff just doesn't cut it.

Jessi said...

Lisa is right, she needs the recipe! But it does become an addiction!

Lori Smith D'Alba said...

Hey Sonja: Nice blog. Loved the photos of your basement re-do. Wish I had seen them in person when we were in Bountiful, but time ran away from us. Hope we can see it when we're back in April. Sounds like you are as busy as ever. Hope you are doing OK.