Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kitchen update

I thought I should update the kitchen problem. Frank was able to pull the retractable hose out of the faucet and re-attach the sprayer. It wouldn't retract all the way, but it worked. We did however buy a new faucet. As my dear sweet husband prepared to replace it he realized that it was going to be a bit more difficult than he thought. The way that our sink is shaped and the fact that we have a VERY OLD, strangely constructed home, he realized that he would probably have better luck and less frustration if he just removed the sink. (Not to mention less wear and tear on his back.)

So last Friday, (thank goodness we have Fridays off) he undertook this adventure and now I have a beautiful, modern faucet. And I know that my sink has been cleaned and re-caulked. Here are a few pics of the process and the results.
(Don't look at the dirty dishes that were in the sink then.)

3 comments:

Jann said...

It looks great-- and I hate recaulking and cleaning under the sink! Bonus that you did two chores for the price of one.

Lori Smith D'Alba said...

Well, just goes to show, once again, that Frank is wonderful! So glad you got things fixed - and a cleaned and re-caulked sink to boot.

And the ZipLock steamer bags are a hit. Oh, yeah, we're converted! Thanks!

Jessi said...

Looks awesome! I LOVE the new fixtures!