Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thanksgiving and history


(Sorry Lisa, I lifted a great picture from your blog.)

Yesterday was election day. While I voted 2 weeks ago, I was glad to see it finally come to an end. This has been a LONG, drawn out process. I am glad that the nasty ads will be gone. And while some of my choices may not have won, I am very thankful for the opportunity to cast my vote and to witness history, the history of electing public officials. We should be very grateful that we have the opportunity to go through this process. Another thing that I hope happens now that the elections are over is that the "chicken little"( the sky is falling...) type emails will quit finding their way into my mailbox. Especially those emails that are not entirely correct. Most days I don't even open them, but ocassionally I will weaken and click on one of them and then I have to delete it. I know that most people think that they are keeping others informed, but perhaps we should check the validity of them before we just click forward.

Okay, I am now off my soap box. I hope that were some successes in your ballot, and if you didn't vote, I don't want to hear it.

1 comment:

Jann said...

I voted, so therefore I can complain! Just kidding, I won't really.

My email issues got to be so strong that I almost sent out a blanket email that said to please leave me out of blatantly political email forwardings. I am as glad as you are those will be over. Hopefully.