Thursday, October 7, 2010

UPDATED!

So, I just got a very mean spirited email from my sister. So here is your update. Yes, Frank and I are still kicking.

We went to Emma's birthday party in August. My last blog showed the ingredients for a project I was working on. It was Em's cake. Here is the finished product.

And this time there were no collapses, not cakes falling apart, and it was pretty easy and totally off the top of my head. She told me that she wanted a Tinkerbell cake and there you have it.

Here are a few pics from Emma's party.


Emma and her pillow pet

Naffie

Jamie taking it all in

Frank and I went to Boise over Labor Day weekend. I'm not sure why, just to get away I suppose. Little did we know that Boise State was in Washington DC that weekend to play Virginia Tech in football. You would have thought we were in Denver (Broncos) and they were playing in the superbowl. I think that their blue "smurf turf" is ridiculous, but I was so sick of 'Bronco Nation' by the time the weekend was over. We did luck out and it was the Spirit of Boise weekend, so we got to see a hot air balloon "night glow". Way awesome.

Then on our way home we stopped at Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls. It was a lot bigger than I imagined.


I will try to find more interesting things than my bad tooth and Frank's bad knees to post about soon!

4 comments:

Lori Smith D'Alba said...

Hey Sonja - glad to know that you are still around and kicking thing up! The cake is darling - thanks for sharing.

Jessi said...

It was not "very mean spirited"! It was MOTIVATING! Good job!

Sonja said...

You are right Jessi, it was motivating. Sorry I don't have any updates today. I didn't do ANYTHING this weekend. Maybe I should take pics at the endodontist this morning.!

Lisa said...

I check your blog every once in a while, Sonja, so imagine my surprise that there was something here at last! Way to go! Good thing I get to see you via Avon or I really would think you had fallen off the earth! I know, I shouldn't talk...my blog is sad right now, too. Darling cake!...but don't show my granddaughters, okay? :)))