Monday, August 11, 2008

Where does the time go?

Well, it has been almost two weeks since I last posted. I swore when I started this that I was not going to be one of those people who start a blog and then maybe every three months or so remembers to post something. I better shape up because I could be headed there.

We have been busy with all the stuff that seems to take over your non-work time around the house and such. Speaking of the house, it is moving along at a snail's pace. To my logical way of thinking, if the crew just showed up every day for all day and did the things that needed to be done, they would be finished very quickly. Well apparently that is not the way that contractors and subs think. They go for days without doing anything at our job site and then like tonight, it is 8:30 pm and the plumbers are in the basement moving pipes and cutting up old pipes, etc. It is very noisy and distracting, but hey someone is down there hopefully making progress.

The weekend of the August 1-3 Frank took me to Cedar City as a belated birthday present. We went to the Shakespearean Festival. We went to Fiddler on the Roof, which apparently is this years run away hit. It was so good.



Then we went and saw Mamma Mia! at the movies. I so loved that movie. I made Frank take me to buy the soundtrack. One thing we do not have to worry about is Pierce Brosnan changing careers at this time. But he did a good job in the movie.

This past weekend I stole Jessi's girls and we spent a few days together. Wow, I marvel at what my sister is able to accomplish with those three free spirits. Just getting them up, fed, dressed and out the door can be a miracle sometimes. We went to the zoo on Friday with Grandma and my neighbor Mindi and her daughter Sophie. Here is some of the fun we had.

Kass, Emma, and Addi on the Elephant statue
Emma all by herself.

Emma, Addi, and Sophie waiting.

The girls at the giraffe house.
I will update photos soon of the remodeling project. It is hard to show that there has been progress. Although it has been insulated, so that is some progress. Soon!


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Fun times! Chels saw Mamma Mia and loved it, too. I have yet to see it, but will SOON! Good luck on the basement...