Thursday, July 10, 2008

Busy Summer!















We have had a very busy summer! I can't believe that it is almost the middle of July. It started off with a fun Father's day celebration. Here are all of the grandkids enjoying their popsicles.

Then we went to Miss A's birthday party. Here she is ready to open her presents. I had to make her cake. Who would have thought that a "Larry and Bob" cake 7 1/2 years ago would result in 3 cakes a year. And they keep getting more complicated. (Sorry E, I can't find a PetShop or My Little Pony). Here is A's requested cake.

Then with card groups, scrapbook groups and all of the other stuff. It seems like the months have just flown by. And now they are finally working on our basement. As of last night, there is nothing but the shower pan left in the old nasty bathroom. Check it out.

I will try and keep you up to date on the progress? Also, look for a MASSIVE wooden stamp sale coming soon!




4 comments:

Lisa said...

Yahoo, great job! I'm excited about your remodel. That will be wonderful when it's done. Just think of that nice cool basement...
The birthday cake is amazing. Wow! I'd request one every year, too.
I'll check back in regularly!

BERRETT'S said...

Hey welcome to the blog world. It will be great to see what you are up to. Life is crazy. I can't believe how the grandkids have grown. The basement WooHoo! I remember the first cleaning. UGH!
The cake was super so can I put my request in and have it delivered?

Jessi said...

You know that you love making their cakes. If you didn't we'd just have boring bakery cakes. That wouldn't be fun at all! That's 1/2 of their excitement for their birthday!

Delia D'Nell said...

Sonja, great job on the cake!