Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cookies

I had to make cookies last weekend for a board meeting at work. Here is a recipe that I tried, maybe for the second time. They are really good:

Marshmallow Brownie Cookies
from KSL

1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. soda
1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 c. milk
Large marshmallows cut into thirds

Cream butter & sugar. Add egg and vanilla, mix well. Sift dry ingredients together. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternating with milk, until fully combined. Drop on greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes, immediately place a marshmallow piece on top of each cookie and bake for 2 more minutes. When cookies are cool, frost.

Chocolate Frosting:
1/2 c. butter
3 T. milk
1 t. vanilla
1/3 c. cocoa
4 c. powdered sugar

Combine all ingredients. Frost cooled cookies.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You actually bake in the summer?? I'm impressed! I love chocolate and marshmellows, so I'm going to try these. Maybe I'll have to bake at midnight, though...

Sonja said...

Lisa -

Yes, I bake year round. I use it to relieve stress. The problem is finding someone to eat it. Frank can't and usually only want 1 or 2. I will call you next time I heating up the house.